Friday, September 01, 2006

Jaywalkers Done!


I feel like that home improvement show where they look at the project and then do the great big done! over it- at long last (3 weeks maybe) the dratted Jaywalkers are complete. Things imrpoved after I bought the new KnitPicks needles. Now I think I need the whole set and may ask for them for my birthday.
I stopped the pattern at the leg and did the foot in plain stockinette to get this project complete. I did some k2tog and SSK's to get the stitch number back in line after converting to stockinette and it lined up perfectly with the gusset.

And that goes to show I can indeed make top down socks if I choose to. Good to know-

So, I immediately cast on for the plain widdershins, hated the toes, ripped it back and did the short row toes that I like. I'll try to do the heels widdershins style however. The best part, I used stash yarn for these, some Brown Sheep Wildefoot I have had for years. I tried to knit this 4 or five times and always hated working with it. On the bamboo needles, it split all the time and then I tried on thr Addis and finally gave up. It seems to be working much better on the KnitPicks, these will be a birthday gift for my assistant. I know she won't appreciate them, but maybe it will stop all the poorly veiled hints about me knitting for her. Then I can give a snarky comment back about her socks. Hereis a link to a pair that Nat from KnittingNatty made. I only hope mine come out so well. I think I will do the legs in a lacy rib.

1 comment:

Dipsy Doodle said...

Your Jaywalkers are certainly a big success, they look fantastic - the yarn seems to be perfect for the pattern, and the colors are gorgeous! Great job, and I'm looking forward to seeing the new pair you're doing! Happy Knitting!

Dipsy D.
http://www.millharrow.com/weblog