Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I'm lying

It hasn't been 36 days since I bought yarn! I'll admit it. I took my incoming class to the high ropes course at Parson's in Albany on Saturday and I broke the yarn diet-

Well, Karen's sale is still going on and I found some Lorna's Laces Swirl for only $7 a skein, so I bought enough to make the Flower Basket Shawl. Karen threw in a bunch of free patterns also. As I have plans to make my sister a shawl with it- Can I call it Christmas shopping instead of yarn buying? I didn't buy any sock yarn however, so I was behaving on that side of the shop.

Well, then yesterday I stopped at Walmart and bought some Lion Brand Homespun. I admit it I am a yarn snob, I rarely will even look at this stuff. it is my assistants birthday next week and she has been strongly hinting she would like a hand knitted gift. There is no way in hell I'm allowing any of my coveted stash yarn to end up in her house and ultimately in her washer. So, I decided a quick shawl in Homespun is appropiate. If she never wears it or does decide to wash it I won't need to cring when she tells me the story about how she "accidently" felted it. Have I ever mentioned- she's a moron- I hate to say it but it's true- she's a moron and I can't fire her.

So I'm only lying about the yarn buying, not about her being a idiot- that is true

No comments: