Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Argentina

I haven't really said anything about Argentina- we had a great time- I don't remember the last time I partied this late at night. It was really liberating to be able to trust the people I was with to take care that we all got home safe and the fact I was in charge, but didn't alway need to be.

I had a great time with my students and they got to see a side of me I'm sure they didn't know existed. It was funny, one of my married male students (when drunk) confessed he and a group of other guys ended up a brothel one night and how scared they were- he thought I would be shocked. Well my husband was in the navy and I have to say this guy's story was rally tame-

here we are
I'm in black in the middle with the drink- part of this picture are some of our Argentine hosts as well- they all left at about 2 to go home as they had to work the next day- the rest of us stayed out till 4:30 am- and I still made it to the ferry the next day. This isn't all of the group- 32 of us travelled- only 6 of of us are in the photo

No comments: