Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cloissone Jacket

Last summer (Spring?)I started working on the Cloisonne Jacket from the Fall 2010 Interweave Knits.  It is a really pretty lace edge, colorwork cardigan. 

I hate doing colorwork flat and I can't figure out why Interweave thinks that its readers can't do steeking.  Why on earth would anyone what to do colorwork while purling?  It doesn't make any sense to me.  Learning how to steek is far easier than trying to handle 20 odd rows of back and forth colorwork while purling. 

So anyway, here is how I did it
 I knit the bottom lace like normal, then added six stitches to the count and joined the sweater in the round

From the six additional stitches, I made 1 purl, four knits 1 purl.  I added the purl stitches to have a nice turning round once the steek was cut and turned back.  I plan on cutting up the center of the knit stitches

when knitting in the round, just add these in, carrying the floats along like normal.


But, I still have work to do on this, I got through all of the interesting parts of the colorwork and I stopped at the armholes.  But February break is next week, who knows I may get inspired and pick it up again. 

Currently, I am working on a mobieus scarf for my Aunt's 75th birthday party on Saturday.  I need to accomplish six inches of knitting a night to get it done in time.  As it is knit on size 11 needles, this shouldn't be a challenge, but oddly when I have a deadline, it always is a challenge. 



Will I be jinxing myself if I say school seems easier this semester? 

No comments: