Sunday, March 08, 2009

Forgot my knitting

I can't believe it, since I moved to Syracuse in July, I have been traveling back to my home in Eastern NY every weekend, plus traveling all over the US for work. So, this weekend, when I am inches away from finishing up the Vanda sweater from the summer 08, Knitter magazine.
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/vanda

It has been a pretty easy knit, and I have been finishing up the sleeves all week in anticipation of doing the neck this weekend, and getting the damn thing finished. I don't know where my mind is. So, as I didn't have anything else to do, I had to cast on a new pair of socks.

This was a yarn blank that was a gift from my yarn wholesaler last summer. It is Blue-faced Leicester in one of those flat pieces you dye and then knit from. i thought these were all two strands, but apparently not, this one is just one. I dyed it with cochineal and logwood purple, and really like the colors I got. It is nice to save some yarns out for yourself and not feel too guilty about it!

I have new yarns up on ETSY, so go take a look. http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5055805

1 comment:

Lupie said...

Glad to see you foundthe Lesser Known Skeins on Ravelry.
Enjoy reading and commenting on all of the great bolgs.