Friday, February 04, 2011

I love to save $$

Last October I read a book called "Be Centsable" by Chrissy Pate and Kristin McKee.  I was really surprised how much money they saved by using coupons.  So, I got interested and started looking online and reading other peoples blogs and found out that you can use coupons to get stuff for free!
So, today was grocery day, and since learning how to use coupons, it has become a game and not so much of a chore.  I go to the Bennington, VT Price Chopper because they have double coupons, and it is the only store I know of that does in the Capital Region.  Before coupons and Advantage savings, I spent 364.09, but I only paid 245.86.  A good part of that was Advantage savings, but over $50 was in coupons.  Here's what I did really well on


Colgate Wisp-  I have no idea why anyone needs these, but they were on sale for $1.50, I had a $.75 coupon that doubled for $1.50 so they were free.  I assume the kids will have fun with them.

Friskies Cat treats-  Again, I don't buy too many treats for the cats, I mean Chubbs is gigantic, he doesn't need too many treats.  These were $1.69 a package and I had a $1.00 off one coupon so once it doubled  these were also free.


Hood Sour Cream 16 oz.  This was on sale for 1.89 each and again I had a $1.00 off coupon that doubled  to make them free!

Heluva Good Dip was on sale for $2, and I had a $1 off of 2, so when it doubled. they were only $.50 each. 

There were more-  but the best deal was Unilever products were buy $30 worth of products (before coupons) and you got a coupon for your next visit for $10.  There were tons of Unilever product coupons last Sunday in the paper, and Price Chopper had a ton of these products on sale, so I was easily able to get my $10 coupon. 

So, we have lots of food for our first annual anti-SuperBowl Party-  I'm so excited!


It was a good day.  I then came home and cleaned the house.  We are all ready for the weekend.

No comments: